It is to submit that the Khammam district is formed as a separate district with Twenty one (21) Mandals in re-organization of districts by the Government of Telangana State. It consists of (634) Revenue villages covering total geographical Area of about 6816.04 Sq Kms, with (2) Revenue Divisions Viz., Khammam and Kalluru.
The Transport Department is regulated by the Government of Telangana in terms of policy formulation and its implementation. The Department is administered by the Transport Commissioner who is the Head of the Transport Department in State level.
And at district level department is administered by the District Transport officer who is the Head of the District Transport Office, Khammam.
- The major functions of the Transport Department are the Enforcement of the Motor Vehicles Act and Rules, Collection of taxes and fees and issuance of Driving Licenses and Certificate of Fitness to Transport Vehicles; Registration of Motor Vehicles and granting regular and temporary permits to vehicles.
- The department also carries out road safety work by conducting awareness campaigns, pollution check of vehicles and enforces measures such as booking speeding vehicles through laser guns and interceptor vehicles and detects drunken drivers through breath analyzers.
- The Transport Department stands fully committed to fully computerized citizen friendly services. This has been made possible by an extensive network of computers linking all the DTO and Unit Offices spread across the state.
- The department stands fully committed to the Citizens Charter and strives to achieve the deadlines for services set by the charter.
- We continue to ensure that the department is constantly refined in the administration of its processes and procedures to reduce time delays and achieve the stated mission of being a responsive and transparent department.
|District Transport Office,||Unit Offices||Check Post|
|Khammam Head Quarters||Sathupally||Kalluru|
- All these Unit offices and Check posts are headed by the Motor Vehicles Inspectors and are functioning under the control of the District Transport Officer, Khammam.
- All the Unit Offices and Check posts are functioning in private buildings, except the Khammam Head Quarters office which is mother district.
- One Check Post was established at Kalluru to regulate the Motor vehicles Act by checking vehicles entering into the state from other state and collect entry tax which helps in Government revenue realization.
- CADRE STRENGTH OF DISTRICT TRANSPORT OFFICE KHAMMAM
(As per GO.Ms.No 136 dated : 11-10-2016 of the Government of Telangana)
|SL NO||NAME OF THE EMPLOYEE||DESIGNATION||REMARKS|
|1||Sri T.Kishan Rao||DTO|
|2||Sri A.Vara Prasad||MVI|
|3||Sri Md.Khaja Zaheed Ali||AO|
|4||Sri H.Santosh Kumar||Sr Ast|
|5||Sri S.Srinivas Rao||Jr Ast|
|6||Smt Ch.Vijayalaxmi||Jr Ast|
|7||Sri B.Sunil Kumar||Typist|
|8||Smt Nischala||Transport Constable|
|9||Sri Nadeem Majeed||Record Asst|
|10||Sri Sk Akram||Office Subordinate|
|1||Sri M.Ravinder Reddy||DBA|
|2||Sri Hari Shankar||DBA|
|1||Sri Md Khader baba HG No1053||Home Guard|
|2||Sri Md Liaquat Ali HG No1048||Home Guard|
|3||Sri Sk.Anwar Pasha HG No1061||Home Guard|
|4||Sri P.Prabhakar HG No1051||Home Guard|
|5||Sri K.Prasad H.G No 1044||Home Guard|
SLNONAME OF THE EMPLOYEEDESIGNATION REMARKS
|2||Smt A.Saritha||Sr Ast|
|3||Sri M.Kranthi Kumar||Transport Constable|
|1||Sri Nageshwara Rao||DBA|
|1||Sri P.Babu H.G NO1054||Home Guard|
|SLNO||NAME OF THE EMPLOYEE||DESIGNATION||REMARKS|
|1||Sri S.Venkatapullaiah||MVI||Sri D.Manohar,AMVI CP Kalluru working on OD|
|2||Sri D.Manohar||MVI||Sri D.Manohar,AMVI CP Kalluru working on OD|
|3||Sri R S R Vamsi||Sr Ast|
|4||Sri T.Ramesh||Transport Constable|
|1||Sri G.Krishna Rao HG No 1049||Home Guard|
|2||Sri I.Suresh HG No 1045||Home Guard|
|SLNO||NAME OF THE EMPLOYEE||DESIGNATION||REMARKS|
|2||Sri S.Venkatapullaiah||MVI||Working on OD|
|3||Sri D.Manohar||MVI||Working on OD|
|4||Sri Badesab||Transport Constable|
|5||Sri Ch.Venkateswar Rao||Transport Constable|
|Name of the Office||Category of Post||WORKING STRENGTH|
|UNIT OFFICE WYRA
|UNIT OFFICE SATHUPALLY
- WORKING STRENGTH OF HOME GUARDS
- Special Features :
- Inauguration of Simulator at RTA Khammam:
- Sri Puvvada Ajay Kumar, Honble Minister for Transport along with M.R.M. Rao, Transport Commissioner, Telangana State and other officers Launched Maruti Driving School at office of the District Transport Office, Khammam on 10-08-2020 in a bid to educate people on traffic rules and regulations, through a new virtual reality traffic simulation vehicle.
- Organized in collaboration with M/s Mithra Auto Agencies Private Limited, Khammam Authorized dealer of Maruti Suzuki India Limited Cars Sale in Khammam district.
- Simulator, a unique concept in India, is a stationary car cabin with all controls (steering, gear, clutch, brake etc) with multiple screens in front to resemble a real life driving situation via 3D imagery. The simulator uses computer software to mimics real life road situations and responds according to the drivers inputs. It offers the learners the onscreen option to choose from a variety of climatic conditions, traffic situations and roads (highways or city roads) to drive.
- Inaugurating the booth setup at the DTO Khammam office, Sri Puvvada Ajay Kumar, Honble Minister for Transport felt that “The simulation center will help prepare new drivers and people who have driving license to hone their driving skills. This will soon be implemented in other RTO offices as well.”
- M.R.M. Rao, Transport Commissioner, Telangana State said that in-house simulator training helps the trainee in familiarizing with the controls of the car, learn correct driving practices and gives him the initial confidence before he learns to drive the car on the road.
- Sri T.Kishan Rao, District Transport Officer, Khammam felt that Maruti Driving School is a good initiative for promoting safe driving and an good opportunity for both the beginners and advanced drivers of Khammam district who wish to gain better driving skills by understanding the mechanics of driving through simulator.
- MDS offers 6 courses of 30 minutes each, will give new drivers the experience of driving in different situations at a nominal fee of Rs 250 per session.
- Equipped with virtual reality, each session will be different from the other. The driver will be made to traverse through simulations mirroring rainy, storm-like conditions.
- “This will give you the touch-and-feel experience of driving a car with the added benefit of no accidents. At the end of the test, there will be a total assessment mark sheet to let drivers know of their performance. It’ll help make you a better driver without the risk of losing your life on the roads.
- The simulator will be open to the public and budding drivers who come to DTO Office, Khammam.
- FEST (Friendly Electronic Services of Transport Department)
- Sri Puvvada Ajay Kumar, Honble Minister for Transport along with Sri Sunil Sharma, Principal Secretary, Tr.R&B, & M.R.M. Rao, Transport Commissioner and other officers Launched FEST (Friendly Electronic Services of Transport Department) online services on 24-07-2020.
- Sri P. Ajay Kumar, Transport Minister while launching the platform said the objective of the initiative is to provide contactless, convenient and transparent services via the online mode.
- FEST Service which can be availed using a smart phone from the comforts of their home or any place any time without visiting an RTA office.
- The services launched as part of FEST include :
- Issue of Duplicate Learner Licence
- Issue of Duplicate Licence
- Issue of Badge
- Issue of Smart Card in lieu of Surrender of Existing Driving Licence
- Issue of History Sheet for Licence.
- Renewal of driving licence
- Change of address in Driving Licence
- Endorsement of hazardous Licence
- New Learner licence in place of expired Learner licence
- Learner licence for addition of class of vehicle
- Issue of Learner licence for expired Driving license
- Change of Address in Registration Certificate
- Issue of Clearance Certificate within the State of Telangana
- Issue of New Permit
- Issue of Duplicate Permit
- Renewal of Permit
- Issue of Temporary / Special Permit
- FEST service is available through T Appfolio, through which citizens can submit their details such as name, father’s name, address, DL/LL number, click a selfie and upload the required documents. FEST will then process the provided information using a three-factor authentication by leveraging state of the art technologies.
- RTA m-WALLET APP:
- Telangana Transport Department on 30.03.2016 has been launched the “RTA m-Wallet” App, a first of its kind in India, which helps motorists to avoid physical carrying of documents like Driving License, Registration Certificate and other vehicle related documents, since Certificates can be uploaded through the App.
- During checking by Police or Transport Department Staff a motorist can show RTA m-Wallet App on his/her Smart Phone for verification of documents instead of physical production of RTA documents
- Citizens have to download the RTA m-Wallet App and register themselves by using Name, Mobile Number and E-Mail-Id, which will connect them to the Transport Department data and immediately documents of license and Registration Certificate and other documents can be downloaded on to the app. These downloaded Certificates will be accepted by police and RTA Authorities.
- All 59 Services of the Transport Department to Citizens are made online from 02-08-2016 like Issue of Driving Licenses, Registration, Fitness, Permits and Taxation thereby facilitating the applicant to apply online (or) through E-seva/m-seva centers that to on their desired date by booking/reserving a slot in the available slots calendar.
- Transport Department services can be availed Mandals wise in Khammam District at their respective offices as shown below: –
| District Transport Office,Khammam
#11-11- 156/7/1, Burhanpuram,by pass road, Khammam.
|Khammam (Urban)*, Khammam (Rural)*,
Tirumalayapalem, Kusumanchi, Nelakondapalli, Chinthakani, Mudigonda, Singareni, Kamepalli, Raghunadhapalem[New]*)
|Unit Office, Sathupally
# Vemsoor Road,Sathupally,
|Unit Office, Wyra
# NSP Quarters,
Beside DSP Wyra office,Wyra,Khammam
- Apart from Regular services as mentioned above the District transport Office also focuses on :
(a) Enforcement Work :
- Checking of Vehicles for Non-Payment of Road Tax and for Violation of MV Act and Rules 1988, TMV Rules 1989, TMVT Act and Rules 1963.
(b) Other Department Co-ordination Work :
- As per requisition from Police /Traffic Department Inspection of accident Vehicles and submitting the Inspection report for further action.
- Fixation of Upset Values and Condition of Vehicles of Government Departments.
(c) Road Safety Awareness Programmes :
- Conducting Road Safety Awareness Programmes as per guidelines issued by Government from time to time duly involving all the stake holders, concerned department , School /College Organization members, Lorry/Auto Association members, NGO’s,Voluntary members etc., under the chairmanship of the District Collector.
- Resource mapping :
- In view of new district formation, all the Transport department offices in khammam district are already mapped with their respective mandals in the central server of the Transport Commissioner’s office as shown above as per the Government notification.
- Growth potential :
- The present formation of new district will reduce area of control of Government Departments So; there is a great possibility of Effective Enforcement and curb illicit operation in the respective district which provide control on Accidents/ Overloading/ Check of Other State Vehicle entering into the State and Leakage of revenue Collection of Telangana Tax at State border check post.
- Supervision and Control of Traffic/Transportation in the respective district guide to achieve effective Road Safety of people.
|Sl. No.||CLASS OF VEHICLE||Total Count|
|4||Auto Rikckshaw Private||15|
|6||Tractor Driven Combined Harvester||429|
|8||Break down Van||2|
|10||Vehicle Fitted with Construction Equipment||498|
|15||Crane For Private Use||23|
|16||Dumper/Excavator For Private use||1|
|19||Education Institute Bus||1078|
|21||Fire Fighting Vehicles||1|
|30||Luxory Tourist Cab||77|
|32||Mobile Work Shop||2|
|33||MC WithTrailer to Carry Personnel Effects||1|
|34||Motor Cycle for Hire||2|
|36||Motor Cycle With Side Car||16|
|39||Mopeds and Motorised Cycle||18883|
|43||Omnibus for Private Use||507|
|46||Private Service Vehicle||11|
|51||Self Loading Concrete Mixer||68|
|53||SELF PROPELLED HARVESTER||13|
|54||Semi Luxory Tourist Cab||1|
|56||Station Wagon for Private Use||1|
|57||Trailer to Carry Personnel Efforts||1|
|58||Three Wheeled Goods Vehicle||4846|
|61||Tractor for Agricultural Purpose||10367|
|62||Tractor for Commercial Use||7115|
|63||Trailer for Agriculture Purpose||8434|
|64||Trailer For Commercial Use||6712|
|65||Three Wheeled Vehicles for Personnel Use||8|
- The Economy of the Department:
|From Date:-||1/4/2020||To Date:-||31/3/2021|
|OFFICE NAME||LMV DRIVING SCHOOL||HEAVY DRIVING SCHOOL|
|UNIT OFFICE WYRA||3||–|
|UNIT OFFICE SATHUPALLY||2||2|
|UNIT OFFICE WYRA||–|
|UNIT OFFICE SATHUPALLY||–|
17.Statement showing the office building details
- Sri Vallabhaneni Rama rao has been appointed has been
appointed has a Member of Regional Transport Authority
Committee vide G.O.Ms.No.15 dated: 05-05-2020 of
Government of Telangana.
- Corona Vaccination Drive at RTA Khammam :
- Sri K. Chandrasekhar Rao, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Telangana State has instructed the authorities to identify the high risk groups also called as “Super Spreaders” of corona.
- Accordingly, “Super Spreaders” of corona has been identified as all the Auto Rickshaw/ Cab drivers, LPG delivery staff, fair price shop dealers, petrol pump workers, vendors in Rythu bazaar, fruit/vegetable/flower markets, kirana shops, liquor shops and non-vegetarian markets.
- The Telangana Government has decided to launch a special drive to administer COVID vaccine to all the potential “Super Spreaders” in a significant development to combat the COVID-19 crisis.
- As a initiative, Health authorities in Hyderabad has taken up Special COVID-19 Vaccination Drive under the limits of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) by establishing Special Vaccination centre’s in Hyderabad and the said program is successful.
- In the light of the guidelines issued by the Hon’ble Chief Minister and Hon’ble Minister for Transport, Telangana State the high risk group vaccination drive for Auto rickshaw and Cab drivers has been started at O/o District Transport Office, Khammam on 11-06-2021 in the presence of Sri Batchu Vijay Kumar, SUDA Chairman, Smt.P.Neeraja, Mayor of Khammam district, Deputy Mayor, Khammam and along with Auto rickshaw and cab drivers and its association members etc.,. and continuing till date.