I. No.of Mandals : 21
II. No of Constituencies :
1.Khammam(General) ( Khammam Municipality, Raghunathapalem (M)
2.Paleru(General) (Kusumanchi, Nelakondapally, Terumalayapalem & Khammam®)
3.Yellandu(ST) (Kamepally mandal)
4.Wyra(ST) (Wyra,Enkoor,Singareni & Konijarla mandals)
5.Sathupally(SC) (Sathupally,Vemsoor, Penubally,Kalluru & Tallada mandals)
6.Madhira(SC) (Madhira,Bonakal,Chintakani,Yerrupalem & Mudigonda mandals)
III. No. of the Institutions in the District:
(1)The District Veterinary And Animal Husbandry Officer is the head of the District
Administration assisted by (2) Assistants Directors.
The District wise institutions are as fallows.
a. District Veterinary Hospital : 01
b. Area Veterinary Hospital : 03
c. Primary Veterinary Centre : 47
d. Sub- Centre(Animal Health) : 90
IV. Departmental Activities:
There are (141) Veterinary Institutions and (5) Mobil veterinary centers functioning in the District in which the following activities are taken up.
1. Treating of ailing Animals.
2. Conducting of Preventive Vaccinations.
3. Fodder Development.
4. Breed improvement through Artificial insemination.
5. Conduct of Mass Sheep & Goat Deworming Camps.
6. Conduct of Animal Health & Fertility Camps.
7. Other Development Activities implementation of centrally sponsored and state sponsored schemes.
V. District Veterinary Hospital:
1. District Veterinary Hospital, Khammam is located in the District Headquarters and functioning as referral hospital.
2. District Veterinary Hospital is well equipped with specialized diagnostic services for large animals and small Animals (Dog and Cats).
3. Treatment will be done by specialized veterinary Doctors for Large Animals and Small Animals.
4. X-ray facility for large and Small Animals (Dog and Cats).
5. Organize different types of Training programs to different cadres of Animal Husbandry Department for providing good Animal Husbandry practices
6. Organizes Trainings for Gopalamitras, Gopals, Pasumithras, Mythries and farmers also.
7. Conducts Internship trainings for B.V.Sc students from Veterinary Collages.
VI. Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory:
The Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory at District Headquarters provides disease investigation services.
1.Assist the local Veterinarian during diseases out brakes.
2.Collect samples for diagnosis of the diseases.
3.Conducts postmortems of the dead animals for diagnosis purpose.
4.Monitors the vaccine supply in the district.
VII. CATTLE BREED IMPROVEMENT PROGRAMME (AI) –GOPALAMITHRAS ACTIVITIES:
The Cattle Breed Improvement Programme is implemented by Telangana Livestock
Development Agency (TSLDA) in Khammam District. The District Livestock Development
Agency is located at Wyra. Activities taken up by DLDA are.
• Supply of Frozen Semen (Murrah, Jersey, HF, Ongole, Ongole cross breed) along with
Liquid Nitrogen to all Veterinary Hospitals in the District.
• Trained Door Step Artificial Insemination workers (Gopalamithras-182) will do door step Artificial Insemination for Cattle.
• Semen is supplied from Frozen Semen Bull Station Karimnagar and Liquid Nitrogen from Vishakapatnam Plant.
• Conducting Fertility Camps and Calf Birth Verifications in Gopalamithra Villages.
• The District Livestock Development Agency has been taken up Livestock Insurance Scheme to encourage Rural Dairy Industry. In this scheme 50 % subsidy on Premium towards insurance of Dairy Cattle will be borne by the Central Government under Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
• The Animal Husbandry Department staff and Gopalamitras have achieved the Artificial Insemination targets in the
District during 2020-21.
|Sl.No||Designation||No. of Sanctioned Posts||No of Working||No. of Vacancies|
|1||DV & AHO (Joint Director)||1||1||0|
|2||Assistant Director (V & AH)||9||8||1|
|3||Veterinary Assistant Surgeon||51||28||23|
|4||Contract Veterinary Assistant Surgeon||8|
|5||Veterinary Livestock Officer||15||15||0|
|6||Junior Veterinary Officer||32||28||4|
|10||Gazitted Office Manager||1||1||0|
|IVth Class Employees|
|20||Office Subordinates (Regular)||123||72||51|
• Besides above, (65) Hospital Attendants on out sourcing are engaged during the year.
IX. Functional Indicators:
|S.No||Indicator||Unit of measurement||For the year 2020-21.||Up to July,2021|
X. ECONOMIC INDICATORS:
|S.No||Indicator||Unit of measurement||For the year 2020-21.||I st Quarter From March,2021 to June,2021|
|1||Milk production||lakh mts.,||420.00||431.59||105.00||106.32|
|3||Egg production||lakh nos.||1925.00||1943.50||525.00||526.69|
XI. 20TH Livestock Census-2017:
|S.No||Name of the Mandal||Cattle||Buffalo||Sheep||Goat||Pig||Dog||Rabbit||Fowl||Duck|
XII. SHEEP REARING DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME:
1. In Khammam District Total (327) Sheep Breeders Co-operative societies with total (33286) members are registered.
2. In this scheme sheep units will be distributed to eligible yaadava families in the state with a unit cost of Rs.1,25,000 for (20+1) sheep unit on 75% subsidy with beneficiary contribution of Rs.31,250/- and subsidy portion of Rs.93,750/-
3. Total Target of Khammam District (16324) in List –A out of which (15370) sheep units were distributed to concerned beneficiaries and the remaining sheep units will be grounded soon after receipt of instructions from the Government.
XIII. MOBILE VETERINARY CLINIC(1962 TOLL FREE NUMBER):
1. The Telangana State Government has started MVCs for the benefit of poor farmers for treatment of animals near their home.
2. MVCs are allotted for each Constituency with total of (05) MVCs working in Khammam District.
XIV. FOLLOWUP PROGRAMMES:
SHEEP AND GOAT DEWORMING PROGRAMME:
The Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Department is conducting mass free Sheep and Goat Deworming programme, thrice a year for the benefit of shepherds to control parasitic infestations among the flocks. This programme will be conducted for a population of around 8.8 Lakhs during August-2021.
FOOT AND MOUTH DISEASE VACCINATION:
The mass FMD Vaccination programme will conducting twice a year for control of Foot Mouth disease for Livestock .This programme will be conduct during 2021-22.
XV. CHAFF CUTTERS:
The Chaff cutters (2 H.P. 3 Blades) were distributed under NLM, NSP and SCP for (27) farmers with unit cost of Rs.21,400/- and subsidy of Rs.8000/- for the year 2020-21.
XVI. FODDER SEED:
During the year 2020-21 Fodder Seed (20 MT’s PC-23) is distributed to the farmers on 75% subsidy for augmentation of Green fodder availability to the Livestock.
XVII. RURAL BACKYARD SHEEP/GOAT UNITS:
The Government is implementing Rural Backyard Sheep/Goat units under National Livestock Mission with 90% subsidy. Under this programme 7 units under NSP and 3 units under SCP are allotted to Khammam District
District Veterinary and
Animal Husbandry Officer