GROUND WATER DEPARTMENT
THE DEVELOPMENTAL ACTIVITIES OF GROUND WATER DEPARTMENT-KHAMMAM DISTRICT
- The main activities of the Department are to carryout Hydrogeological, Geophysical and Hydrological surveys to delineate potential zones of groundwater, including water logging areas and groundwater stressed areas for optimum usage.
- Ground water surveys for selection of suitable sites for construction of different types of wells for Agriculture, drinking water, Govt. Departments and other usages under WALTA
- Groundwater investigations in the lands of SC/ST farmers and also exploratory drilling of bore wells which were targeted in the annual action plan under Special Component special development fund/Tribal special development fund.
- Conducting ground water investigations for selection of sites for construction of Percolation Tanks, Check Dams and Rainwater Harvesting Structures to recharge ground water.
- Conducting environmental studies for Sand mining, Granite mining and industries of Public and private sectors and also carrying out groundwater pollution studies whenever called by the district administration.
- According Groundwater clearance to industries through TS-ipass.
- According technical clearance for infiltration (I.F.) wells for Irrigation and drinking water under Lift irrigation scheme
- This department is taking up estimation of Groundwater Resources in the district at periodic intervals for scientific planning, development and management for its sustainability. Groundwater estimation is a key role in many programs being taken up by the government
- Conducting awareness programs in over exploited areas, suggesting on effective utilization, conservation through artificial recharge structures and management.
Water levels are being monitored from the established Piezometers and Observation wells. The detailed monitoring system is as follows.
|No. Of Piezometer wells||66 (Every Month)|
|No. Of Observation wells for: Non Command Area||22(6 times in a year)|
|No. Of Observation wells : for Nagarjuna sagar left canal command area||51(6 times in a year)|
|Mission Kakatiya Observation wells||42(Every Month)|
|Khammam Muncipality Area ob wells||30( Every month)|
The Khammam District Average water level (in m) for the month of September– 2021 is as follows
|September 2020||Nov 2020||May 2021||Sep’2021||Difference in Groundwater levels of Sept-‘2021 in comparison to|
- WALTA: From April’2021 to March’2022
Ground water investigations are carried out to select Ground water feasibility under TS-WALTA
|Target||No. of applications received||No. of sites examined||No. of sites recommended|
- SAND MINING: From April’2021 to Mrch’2022
Conducting environmental studies for Sand mining /Sand mining in Patta Lands and Industries of Public and Private sectors.
|No. of applications received||No. of sites examined||No. of sites recommended||Remarks|
3.FRESH WATER AQUACULTURE SURVEYS: From April’2021 to March’2022
Ground water investigations are carried out to select suitable fish pond sites under fresh water aquaculture surveys.
|Scheme||Target||No. of sites received||No. of sites examined||No. of sites recommended||Remarks|
|Aquaculture||43||43||34||28||9 sites to be surveyed|
4.SCSDF-STSDF: From April’2021 to March’2022
Ground water investigations are carried out to select suitable Ground water extraction structures under SCSDF-STSDF scheme
|Scheme||Target||No. of sites examined||No. of sites recommended||Remarks|
GROUND WATER LEVELS SCENARIO REPORT OF NOVEMBER 2021
C.GROUND WATER RESOURCES ESTIMATION (GEC-2019-20):
Basin wise, Mandal wise and village wise Ground water resource estimation has been carried out for the base year 2019-20, is approved by Ministry of Water Resources Govt. of India and to be submitted to the Government for notification under WALTA act.
- Net groudwater availibility (Ha.m): 103651
- Net Groundwater Extraction (Ha.m) : 41240
- Balance Resources (Ha.m) : 60548
- Stage of Groundwater Extraction (%): 40
- Category : Safe
- Total No. of Mandals : 21
- No. of Over Exploited Mandals : 00
- No. of Critical Mandals : 01
- No. of Semi-Critical Mandals : 05
- No. of Safe Mandals : 15
- No. of Over Exploited villages : 38
The Critical mandal is Vemsoor and Semi-critical mandals are Tirumalayapalem , Raghunadhapalem, Singareni, Penuballi and Sathupalli in the district.
DISTRICT GROUND WATER OFFICER,
GROUND WATER DEPARTMENT.